If it were up to us, here's our top 3 vibrators.
There are hundreds of pleasure products for penises that may heighten your pleasure or offer unexpected avenues of exploration. If you’re unsure where to start, consider the following scenarios to narrow the search and help you choose a penis toy that’s right for you.
1. Identify your sexual wellness goals. Your goal could be to orgasm during solo play. Perhaps you want to spice things up with a partner. Maybe you want to try edging with a penis toy to help you last longer, using something like a cock ring. Whatever your goals, there are different types of pleasure products for penises to satisfy different needs.
2. Think about the kind of stimulation you enjoy. Vibrations, suction, undulations, and firmness are just a few of the types of sensations available through a penis toy. If you enjoy suction and a feeling that simulates penetration, for example, you might try a fleshlight.
3. Consider if you’re seeking solo or partnered play. There are pleasure products for penises dedicated to both types of play. If you’re playing with a partner, look for a pleasure product that allows for your partner to participate as well, like the We-Vibe Verge. Some solo penis toys can also work great with a partner.
4. Determine if you want a long-term or short-term use product. Most pleasure products for penises are designed to last through multiple sessions with proper care. However, some are designed for just a few uses before you throw them away — the Tenga Egg is one example.
There are four primary types of penis toys available on O shop. These aren’t all inclusive, but cover a majority of the types of penis pleasure products available.
A cock ring is a small ring you wear on the base of the penis. The purpose of a cock ring is to extend the length of erections, as well as possibly making them larger or harder. Cock rings can be used to try edging, and/or can be good for those who have trouble maintaining an erection. These are typically made of silicone, though you may find some made of other materials as well. Some cock rings may come with additional features, like vibration.
These pleasure products are masturbation aids designed to look and feel like real penetration. They’re often made of two parts: a sleeve shaped like a vagina or other orifice and a canister to house the sleeve. The tight confines of a fleshlight create a slight suction effect, creating a sensation you won’t necessarily find with a traditional cock sleeve.
Masturbators are a catch-all term for masturbation sleeves, which include toys like Tenga Eggs. However, more advanced devices also fall under this list, like automatic masturbators you can control through an app.
There are a variety of vibrators designed specifically for the penis. These can fit on or around specific areas of the penis, though some are designed like traditional vibrators.
Here are some considerations when shopping for a penis toy.
Note that penis toys made with porous materials such as latex or elastomers are also more difficult to completely clean and disinfect than toys made with nonporous materials, such as silicone or pyrex.
Though a pleasure product’s features ultimately come down to the type of penis toy you purchase, you can generally expect a few common features among them. These include vibration functions with multiple levels or silicon construction. Here are a few features that aren’t so common and may help push a penis pleasure product above and beyond the competition.
There are plenty of pleasure products that can pair well with your penis toy and enhance pleasure and sensations. Here are just a few to consider.
Like most sex toys, soap and water is typically all you need to clean your penis toys. You’ll want to clean before each use, as well as after every use. Follow each penis pleasure product’s written instructions for specific cleaning instructions, particularly for more complex penis toys.
There are a variety sex toy myths out there and this extends to penis toys as well. Here’s a few of the most common.
1. Sex toys are exclusively for women. One look at the huge variety of sex toys on the market suggests otherwise. While toys specifically marketed for women might come in greater numbers, sex toys marketed for men, or any gender for that matter, are a popular segment of the sex toy market (2, 3).
2. Sex toys will desensitize you and ruin “normal” sex. Just as using a vibrator often doesn’t desensitize a clitorus, vagina, or G-spot, penis toys will not desensitize your penis (or vulva) or otherwise make you reliant on sex toys (4, 5).
3. Only lonely or desperate people use sex toys. Sex toys are neither replacements for a partner nor are they only used by those who are single. They exist to help people enhance their personal pleasure, with a partner, solo, or both. Taking care of your sexual life is a hollistic part of taking care of yourself, and everyone deserves pleasure — regardless of gender or relationship status. Additionally, products such as masturbation sleeves can be incorporated into partner play, especially those that are app-controlled where a partner can take the “reins'' (2, 5).
If you’re less interested in penis toys and more interested in other avenues of pleasure, there are plenty of products to explore. Compare more pleasure products to learn more and find one that best sparks your interest.
Join our mission for inclusive, accessible, and shame-free sexual education and pleasure. Shop our curated selection of sex toys and resources today.