Table of Contents
- Our Policy Concerning Children
- The Types of Information We May Collect
- Payment Information
- Technical & Usage Information We Collect Through Automated Means
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- When and How We Share/Disclose Your Information with Third-Party Companies
- How Do We Keep Your Information Secure
- Your Choices Regarding the Use of Your Information
- How We Respond to Do-Not-Track Signals
- How Do You Access & Update Your Information
- How to Delete Your Account and what Happens when Your Account is Terminated or Deleted
- International Operations: A Note to Users Outside of the U.S. and the EU
- Your California Privacy Rights
The Services may contain links to Third-Party Platforms. If You use Our Services on or through a Third-Party Platform, including via any Wireless Devices, Your privacy will also be subject to the privacy policies and terms of service of the Third-Party Platform.
We do not control and are not responsible for the terms of service, privacy policies and/or practices of any Third-Party Platform You may use to access the Services, and You should review the policies and agreements of such Third-Party Platforms carefully.
2. Our Policy Concerning Minors
No one under the age of 18 should use or attempt to use our Websites or Services, and if you are under 18, please do not attempt to use our Services or send any information about yourself to O.school. If We learn that We have collected personal information from a person under 18, We will delete such information.
Parents who believe that O.school might have any information from or about a person under the age of 18 may submit a request to email@example.com with "Policy Concerning Minors" as the subject line and in the body of Your message and request that the information be removed.
3. The Type of Information We May Collect
O.school does not currently retain credit card numbers internally. We partner with payment providers. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information.
O.school may collect different information from or about You depending on the manner in which You use the Services. The following examples are provided to help You better understand the information We may collect through Your use of the Services:
1. Information Received Through Your Third-Party Platform Account
When You use Our Services through a Third-Party Platform, such as Facebook, You allow Us to access and/or collect certain information from Your Third-Party Platform profile/account (such as Your Facebook or Google account) as permitted by the terms of Your agreement and Your privacy settings with the Third-Party Platform. The information You allow Us to access and collect varies depending on the site or service You use, as well as the terms of the Third-Party Platform and Your privacy setting thereon. By way of example only, We may access and/or collect some or all of the following information from Your Third-Party Platform account when You register or use the Services on or through a Third-Party Platform (collectively "Third-Party Platform Information"):
- Your full name
- Your profile picture or its URL
- Your User ID number, which is linked to publically available information such as Your name and profile photo
- The login email address
- Your physical location and that of Your access devices, including any Wireless Device
- Your gender
- Your birthday
Additionally, You may be able to select a username ("UserName"). Please note, Your UserName will be publically viewable by others who have access to the Services, and in some instances may be viewable to others who have not signed up to use the Services. We are not responsible for Your UserName and the manner in which it may be used by a Third-Party.
When You sign up to use the Services, We may assign You a unique identifying number ("ID Number) which may be publicly displayed to other Users.
2. Information Received Through Your Wireless Device: Push Notifications
If You use the Services on or through a Wireless Device, We may, in accordance with the terms of any applicable agreement with the Wireless Device carrier (and as allowed by Your privacy settings) collect certain information such as Your unique device identifier (a number automatically assigned to Your mobile or wireless device), device type, operating system version and information You may choose to provide or share, such as Your email address (collectively "Mobile Information").
We do not ask for, access or track any precise location-based information from Your Wireless Device.
We may send push notifications to Your mobile device to provide updates and other relevant messages. You can manage push notifications from the "options" or "settings" page for the mobile application. To ensure You receive proper notifications, We will need to collect certain information about Your device such as operating system and User identification information.
We use mobile analytics software to allow Us to better understand the functionality of our Services on Your phone. This software may record information such as how often You use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information We store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information You submit within the mobile application.
3. Information You Provide To Us Directly
When You sign up for the Services (including through a Third-Party Platform) We will collect any information You provide to Us directly such as the following:
- Registration Information: In order to use certain features of the Services You are required to register for an Account, and in that case, We will collect and store any registration information You share with Us, such as Your date of birth, age, email address, telephone, password and other information (or if You are enrolling in our O.school for Business program, Your company's name, email address as well as telephone and address information) that helps Us to confirm Your access to Your Account and understand more about who You are ("Registration Information").
- Profile Information: For some Services, You may also have the option of providing additional information about Yourself ("Profile Information") to create a User profile ("Profile") that will be publically viewable by others. You should exercise care and caution in creating Your Profile as Your Profile, including Your Profile Information, will be publically viewable to others. O.school is not responsible for the information You supply in Your Profile/and or the manner in which it is used by others.
You hereby grant O.school a non-exclusive right and license to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, offer, market and otherwise use and exploit the Public Postings/Shared Content.
You hereby consent to O.school providing Registration Information and/or Profile Information to Instructors when You view or purchase Submitted Content. It is Your responsibility when You view or purchase Submitted Content to confirm what uses the Instructor will make of Your Profile and Registration Information. O.school does not control these uses and is therefore not liable for the uses by Instructors.
4. Payment Information
If You make any purchases through our Services, We may collect certain information regarding Your purchase (such as Your name and zip code) as necessary to process Your order, and You will be required to provide certain payment and billing information directly to our payment processing partners, including but not limited to Your name, credit card information, billing address and zip code. We do not directly access, store or collect Your credit card information, and We will not use the payment information We collect except as needed to fulfill Your purchase and/or communicate with You regarding Your transaction.
5. Technical & Usage Information We Collect Through Automated Means
We may also employ web beacons or other technology for a variety of reasons such as: (i) allowing Us to know if a certain page was visited or whether an email was opened; (ii) allowing Us to advertise more efficiently by excluding our current Users from certain promotional messages or identifying the source of a new installation.
O.school uses the following types of cookies:
- Preferences.We use preferences cookies to remember information about Your browser and how you prefer to use Our Service, i.e. to remember Your preferred settings that affect the experience of how Our Services look to You or behave when You access and/or use them, such as Your preferred language. Preference cookies make Your experience of interacting with Our Services more functional and customized to suit Your preferences.
- Security. We use security cookies to enable You to log-in and access Our Service, to protect Your Account against fraudulent log-ins by others, and help detect, fight, and protect against abuse or unauthorised usage of Your Account.
- Functional. We use functional cookies to make the experience of using Our Services better, like remembering the settings and features you use most often.
- Session State. We use session cookies to collect information about how You interact with Our Service, to help Us improve Our Services We provide You as well as improve Your browsing experience. We also use session cookies to remember Your log-in details and to be able to process Your purchases of Submitted Content. These are deemed strictly necessary to the working of the Services. If these are disabled, then various functionalities of our Services will be broken.
- Analytics. We use analytics cookies, such as Google Analytics, to better understand how Our Services are being used in order to improve User experience. Such User data generated is all anonymous and not linked to personally identifiable information.
7. How We Use the Information We Collect
O.school may use the information We collect through Your use of the Services for a variety of purposes, primarily related to providing and improving the quality of our Services. For example, We may use the information We collect in the following ways:
- Providing, administering, and facilitating Your use of the Services, including the display of customized Content and/or targeted advertising;
- Marketing our products and/or services to You, including sending You offers, promotions information, newsletters, email campaigns, and communications regarding new, improved or existing products, contests and/or sweepstakes;
- Resolving site problems; handling or responding to customer support questions and issues;
- Processing or fulfilling Your request(s) and/or order(s) for Submitted Content, products, services, information or features;
- Enabling User-to-User communication and interaction and soliciting input and feedback to improve User experience;
- Managing Your Account preferences, establishing Your Profile and Registration Information;
- Monitoring the technical functioning of the Services and network;
- Developing new and/or improved, products, services or offerings;
- Providing You with news and newsletters;
- To create, review, analyze and share Aggregate Information;
- Identifying, researching, and protecting against any actual, potential or threatened misuse, unauthorized use, or unwanted use of any of the Services, including but not limited to researching any claims made by or about other Users and/or about the Services, and such efforts of which may include information provided from Third-Party sources;
- Third-Party hosting of the Services;
- Analyzing trends and User traffic;
- Marketing, processing or fulfillment of promotions administered or sponsored by O.school;
- Resolving disputes;
- Troubleshooting errors or issues with any of the Services;
- Tracking purchases and usage information;
- Communicating with You concerning Your Account;
- Asking You to participate in surveys about Our Services; or as We, in Our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary or required to ensure the safety and/or integrity of Our Users, employees, Third-Party companies, members of the public, and/or our Services. We also use Your personal information to link or combine User information with other personal information.
8. When and How We May Share/Disclose Your Information with Third-Party Companies
2. Third-Party Business Partners, Service Providers, Contractors or AgentsWe may share Your information with Third-Party companies that perform services on Our behalf, including payment processing, order fulfillment, data analysis, marketing services, email campaigns, hosting services, and customer service. While providing the services for Us, these companies may access Your personal information, and are required to use it solely as directed by Us for the purpose of Our requested service. We may also share Your information with Third-Party companies that we partner with to provide certain services to You in connection with the Services.
3. Business Transfers, Sales, Mergers, or DivestituresIn the event that O.school undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or a portion of its assets, We may share, disclose or transfer all of Your information, including personal information, to the successor organization in such transition.
4. PromotionsWe may share Your information in connection with any promotion You enter on or through the Services, as necessary to administer, market, sponsor, or fulfill the promotion or as required by applicable laws, rules or regulations (for example, to provide winners' lists or make required filings as appropriate) or in accordance with the applicable rules of the promotion/sweepstakes You enter.
6. Advertising of Third-Party Products/ServicesWhile we do not currently offer advertising on the Services, if we do offer advertising in the future, we may use and share with Third-Party advertisers (and other Third-Party companies) certain Technical Information and/or Aggregate Information to show general demographic and preference information among our Users. We may also allow advertisers to collect Technical Information or Aggregate Information, which they may share with Us, through the use of tracking technologies like cookies and web beacons. The information collected may be used to offer You targeted ad-selection and delivery in order to personalize Your User experience by increasing the likelihood that advertisements for products and services You see will appeal to You, a practice known as behavioral advertising, and to undertake web analytics (i.e. to analyze traffic and other end User activity to improve Your experience).
9. How Do We Keep Your Information Secure?
O.school takes commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, sensitive data that You share and We collect and store. These security measures may include practices such as keeping Your sensitive data on a secured server behind a firewall, transmitting sensitive information (such as a credit card number) entered on Our Services using secure socket layer technology (SSL), internal reviews of Our data collection practices and platforms, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where We store Your information. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, and We cannot guarantee that communications between You and O.school, the Services, or any information provided to Us in connection with the information We collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by Third-Party companies. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of User information at any time. Your password is an important component of Our security system. As such, it is Your responsibility to protect it. Do not share Your password with any Third-Party companies. If Your password has been compromised for any reason, You should change it immediately and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns with "Security" as the subject line and in the body of Your message.
10. Your Choices Regarding the Use of Your Information
As discussed, You can always choose not to provide certain information to Us but You may not be able to use certain features of the Services. If You do not wish to receive promotional communications from Us, You can opt- out by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional communication You receive.
Please note that despite Your opt-out choice, We will still send You administrative messages regarding the Services, including, for example, administrative confirmations, order confirmation, important updates regarding the Services, and notices regarding our policies.
11. How We Respond to Do-Not-Track Signals
Because consumers are often unaware that their do-not- track beacons are active, do-not-track does not frequently reflect the actual preferences of Our Users. Accordingly, O.school does not respond to the federal do-not- track signal. If You would like to receive no promotional communication from O.school, You are free to follow the procedure described in the previous section to unsubscribe.
12. How to Access & Update Your Information
You may access and update Your information that O.school collects and maintains in the following ways:
2. Information We Receive Directly from YouYou may update the information You provide directly to O.school by logging into Your Account and updating Your Account information.
3. Right of Access to Your InformationYou may also submit any requests for access to Your personal data to email@example.com with "Privacy" as the subject line and in the body of Your message or in writing to Attn Privacy/Legal Deep Connection Technologies, Inc. 268 Bush St. #3738, San Francisco, CA 94104. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
13. Account Termination
Please be aware that even after Your Account is terminated some or all of Your information may still remain visible to others, including but not limited to any information that has been: (a) incorporated into other Users’ Content, comments, chat messages, postings, submissions, including but not limited to Submitted Content reviews; (b) copied, stored or disseminated by other Users; (c) shared or disseminated by You or others such as in a Public Posting/Shared Content; or (d) posted on a Third-Party Platform. A request to terminate Your Account will not result in the removal of information collected and already put in aggregate form or information that cannot, in Our sole discretion, be removed without undue burden to O.school. O.school is not able and/or obligated to remove any of Your information from a Third-Party Platform.
15. International Operations: A Note to Users Outside Of The U.S. and the EU
O.school stores information about visitors to Our Services and Users on servers located in the United States. If You are using the Services from outside the United States and the European Union, please know the data and personal information You submit will be transferred to and stored in servers in the United States or other countries. The data protection and other laws of the United States and/or other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in Your country. By submitting Your data and/or using Our Services, You consent to the transfer, storing, and processing of Your data in and to the United States.
Personal data collected within Switzerland and the European Economic Area ("EEA") may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of Switzerland and the European Economic Area ("EEA"). The data We hold may also be processed by employees operating outside of Switzerland and the EEA who work for Us or one of our affiliates or for one of Our vendors. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, (i) the processing of transactions and Your payment details and (ii) the provision of support services. By submitting Your personal data or engaging in O.school Submitted Content and Public Posting/Shared Content, You agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
16. Your California Privacy Rights
California residents have the right to receive: a) information identifying any Third-Party company(ies) to whom O.school may have disclosed (within the previous calendar year) personal information pertaining to You and Your family for that company's direct marketing purposes; and b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. If You are a California resident and wish to obtain such information, submit a request to Us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "California Privacy Rights" as the subject line and in the body of Your message. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in Our response. Please also note that under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year.