What sets the We-Vibe Melt apart
The We-Vibe Melt has a few features that help it stand out from the competition.
- A smaller design than many other suction products. Other suction products on the market can be up to twice the size of the We-Vibe Melt.
- Quiet operation compared to other suction products. Suction vibrators skew louder than other vibration products on average
- The ability to control the product from afar through the We-Connect app. This allows for a partner to control the device no matter where they are, so long as connection and Wi-Fi are decent.
We-Vibe Melt features
How the We-Vibe Melt works
The We-Vibe Melt uses air pressure at varying levels of intensity to stimulate the clitoris or other desired areas. The Melt’s head isn’t applied to the clitoris directly, but encloses it within the device’s opening.
Once placed, turning on the device will cause gentle suction, pulses, and waves of air that stimulate the area indirectly, helping to avoid irritation or overstimulation. This is done using We-Vibe’s Pleasure Air technology. You can adjust the intensity or 12 suction modes on the device itself or by using the We-Connect app to find an intensity that works best for you.
7 We-Vibe Melt benefits
Here are a few of the benefits of the Melt that are unique or otherwise set the product apart from the competition. Since every person has their own needs and preferences, these should serve as a guide rather than an outright endorsement. What one person might consider a bonus, another might consider a must-have, and still another might consider a con.
1. Small, quiet design. Among suction products, the We-Vibe Melt is the smallest and quietest on the market.
2. Well-constructed. The Melt is made of body-safe silicone and is waterproof, allowing for play in the shower or bath.
3. We-Connect app capabilities. You can connect the Melt to your phone through the We-Connect app. This allows you or a partner to control the device from anywhere.
4. Two-year warranty. The We-Vibe Melt comes with a 2-year warranty against manufacturing defects.
5. Great for partnered play and long-distance. This product can be app or button-controlled by your or a partner.
6. Ergonomic shape. The sleek shape of this product means it can comfortably be held between partners in various positions, while offering clitoral stimulation.
4 We-Vibe Melt drawbacks
Here are a few of the potential drawbacks of the We-Vibe Melt. Just as the product’s benefits aren’t meant to serve as “must-haves”, these drawbacks are simply a guide rather than an indication of whether you should or shouldn’t purchase. What some people might consider a small flaw in a product, others might consider a “dealbreaker.” What some consider a dealbreaker could even be a benefit to another person. Pleasure is subjective.
1. Somewhat pricey. The Melt is priced appropriately as a luxury product at $150. Though the price may seem high compared to other suction products out there, you are paying for quality.
2. We-Connect app setup/use finicky. Some users of the We-Connect app have noted a rather clunky interface and occasional problems with a phone’s connection to the device.
3. Two colors. While not a huge deal to some, the Melt only comes in two colors: pink and midnight blue
How to use the We-Vibe Melt
Here’s how to get started with the We-Vibe Melt right from the packaging. Note that this product is compatible with water-based lubes.
- Remove the Melt from its packaging and charge for 90 minutes before operating. The product includes a magnetic USB charger.
- Clean the Melt with soap and water. Liquid hand soap or castile soap is recommended for cleaning pleasure products.
- Turn on the Melt by pressing the power button.
- Adjust the intensity of the suction by pressing the + or – button.
- Apply a water-based lubricant to the stimulator head of the device to ease any friction.
- Place the stimulator head of the Melt on your clitoris or desired body part.
- Hold the – button for 2 seconds to turn off when finished.
- Clean the Melt with soap and water.
How to use the We-Connect app
We-Vibe can be paired with the We-Connect app. You can set up the app by doing the following.
- Download the We-Connect app from your device app store.
- Click Next on each screen.
- Click Ok, Let’s Get Started.
- Under Toys press the Plus button.
- Select the Melt from the list of toys.
- Click Allow Access to grant bluetooth communication between your phone and the Melt.
- Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions to complete the sync between your Melt and app.
Pair this product with:
We-Vibe Melt customer reviews and complaints
Customer reviews of the We-Vibe Melt are generally divided in two categories: those who enjoy suction products and those who don’t. Poor reviews of the Melt mention the toy’s suction as overwhelming or too strong and largely uncomfortable. Those who love the Melt swear by its efficacy and small size.
Should you get the We-Vibe Melt?
The short answer? It depends. Everybody is different and what feels good to one person may not feel so good to another. Choosing the right pleasure product for you is all about getting to know your body, pleasure goals, wants, and needs. That said, there are few points to consider to determine if the We-Vibe Melt might be worth a try for you.
Who it’s best for. The We-Vibe Melt is best for those who may have trouble achieving orgasms through clitoral stimulation or vibration products. It offers powerful clitoral stimulation and people report having quick, intense orgasms.
The We-Vibe Melt is also a good choice for those who want a small, portable pleasure product or something that allows for partnered and/or long-distance play.
Who it’s not best for. The We-Vibe Melt is not great for those who find suction toys too powerful or the sensations too sensitive on the clitoris.
The Satisfyer 1+ or Satisfyer 2+ are good alternatives to the We-Vibe Melt if you worry about the strength of the We-Vibe Melt. Both are somewhat gentler suction products than the Melt and also come in at a lower price point. If none of these options feel right for you, explore other air suction vibrators on the market to find what works best for you.