Forget Toilet Paper, Stock Up on Lube Now
Forget Toilet Paper, Stock Up on Lube Now
Cancelled flights. School closures. Stocks buckling. The coronavirus (also known as COVID-19) is really kicking our collective butts. At the time of writing, the virus has hit over 100 countries and infected over 120,000 people. In the U.S. alone, over 1000 cases of coronavirus infection have been diagnosed, according to the New York Times, and people are reconsidering venturing out into the public to complete their day-to-day tasks.
Lube Discovery Kit | Six Travel-Size Luxury Lubes | $20 Off
To help you find the best lube for you, we created the Lube Discovery Kit - top-rated sexual lubricants.
What are the types of lubes?
- Water-based lube is great for penetration and/or masturbation. It works with condoms and sex toys. It is absorbed quickly so you may need a lot of it.
- Silicone-based lube is long-lasting and great for water play, but it shouldn’t be used with silicone-based sex toys.
- Oil-based lube is great for masturbation and water-play and sensual massage but should not be used with latex condoms or latex sex toys.
- Hybrid lube combines the best features of the lubes above.
Different types of lubes serve different purposes, different people have different preferences, and there are different ways to use lube. That’s why it can be helpful to try out a few, and to keep various options on hand to use depending on your or your partner(s)’ mood.
What's in the Lube Discovery Kit?
We worked with product experts and sex educators to curate six lubricants in one kit delivered to your door. Test out the different types to discover your favorite “go-to” lube (or lubes). Everyone needs more lube in their life, but if six lubes are too many for you, give a lube to a friend!
- Water based lubes: Sliquid and Slippery Stuff are great water-based lubes to start with. These lubes are compatible with condoms and silicone toys. The difference to feel for is the thickness -- Sliquid will be lighter while Slippery Stuff has a heavier feel. It’s up to you to find which one you prefer!
- Organic and specialty lubes: The Good Clean Love Almost Naked lube is a great introductory organic and aloe-based lube if you prefer to use organic products in and on your body. Sutil Rich has hyaluronic acid, the same stuff you can find in face serums to help create deep moisture, and though it’s a small sample, it packs a really luxurious touch that we wanted you to try.
- Silicone and hybrid lubes: Uberlube is a loved, popular silicone lube, which is hypoallergenic and longer lasting with moisturizing Vitamin E. The Please Cream is a hybrid lube, meaning it’s a water-based lube with a touch of silicone so you have the best of both worlds. Remember: silicone lubes are NOT to be used with silicone sex toys.
No matter which lube you love the most, you’ll be glad that you tried them all. There’s no wrong way to lube.
Although the spread of coronavirus can be combated with frequent handwashing and coughing into the crook of one’s elbow, we totally understand if you’re planning on avoiding public spaces for the time being. And if that’s the case, then may we suggest at least stocking up on lube before shutting yourself out from the public sphere? Listen, we’re not trying to make light of the situation in any way, shape, or form. But let’s be honest. Netflix, board games, and cards are only fun for so long.
If you and your partner want to ride this one out (or if ya wanna ride it solo!), so to speak, here are a few lube recommendations that you can get shipped right to your house.
With a 5-star rating on the company’s website, The Butters Lube is an oil-based lube made from all natural ingredients and is safe to use in all body orifices. The Butters Lube is especially designed to make skin-to-skin contact feel more enjoyable, too. (Heads up, these kinds of oil-based lubes are not safe to use with latex condoms!)
This all-natural, aloe-based lube is hydrating, moisturizing, and safe to use with condoms and toys. Shine Organic Lube is glycerin-free and paraben-free, and has a pH-balanced formula to help avoid irritation.
Water-based, hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, and earth friendly, BioNude Ultra Sensitive Personal Lubricant is especially formulated for people who experience vaginal irritation when using lube. With its pH-balanced formula, the product tries to “mimic natural moisture,” as explained on the site.
Sliquid water-based lube has a subtle sweet flavor that aims to “enhance, not disguise,” and is safe to use during oral sex and with all sex toys and condoms. Sliquid is a glycerin-free lubricant, but it retains moisture longer than other glycerin-free lubes because it contains plant cellulose.
Alu is water-based, made from all natural ingredients, and contains green tea, oat, hemp, and aloe vera. Free of sugars, hormones, parabens, and glycerins, Alu has a pH-balanced formula to help avoid irritation and washes off your body easily.
überlube is a lightweight, body-safe personal lubricant known for never feeling sticky after use. As explained on their website, überlube “dissipates” and helps your skin feel moisturized. This product is especially loved by people who experience irritations from other lubes, and it doesn’t contain any alcohols, preservatives, or antimicrobials. (The site warns that if you are allergic to silicone, you should not use überlube.)
Please Lube is a water-based lubricant made from all natural ingredients, meaning that it’s paraben-free and glycerin-free. It is safe when used with condoms and all sex toys, and is loved for its ability to stay moist for a long time while still retaining friction.