Blowjobs, eating pussy, rimming: oral sex can be awesome. Getting up close and personal with your partner’s taste and smell, figuring out how they like to be touched, and playing with power dynamics are just a few of the reasons it can be so great.
But figuring out how to fit bodies together in ways that feel good to everyone can be a bit like playing Tetris. That’s why it’s nice to have a menu of positions to choose from. Plus, some days you might feel like comfort food while other days you want to try something spicier. It’s always nice to have options.
It can be a lot of fun to figure out the oral sex positions that feel best for you and your partner. No matter what you’re choosing off the menu, remember: everyone involved should be enthusiastically saying yes the whole time. To make sure, you need to communicate clearly and honestly about what your bodies can and can’t do, and what you like and don’t like. Use your mouth to form words too! Then, experiment with some of these positions and have fun.
Oral sex on a vulva
- This classic position is usually comfortable for the receiver and gives good access to the clit and vagina if you want to add penetration with fingers or toys. The receiver lies on their back with their knees bent while the giver kneels or lies between their legs. A pillow under the receiver’s hips can make things easier on the giver’s neck, but the giver usually has limited mobility with their hands and arms since they have to hold themselves up.
- The receiver lies flat with their butt right at the edge of a surface while the giver kneels on the floor facing their vulva. The giver can use a pillow or folded blanket to cushion their knees. The receiver can put their feet on the giver’s shoulders if that’s comfortable, or they can rest their heels next to their hips or let them dangle off the edge. This is a nice variation that can free up the giver’s hands for stroking, pinching, penetrating, and other fun.
- Face-sitting is a great option for some sexy power play or just to give the receiver a bit more control. The giver lies flat while the receiver kneels over their face, either facing towards the giver’s head or facing the giver’s toes, knees on either side of the giver’s head. In this position, the receiver has a lot of control over the pace and pressure, and both the giver’s hands are free.
- Doggy style oral sex can be super hot and versatile. The receiver gets on hands and knees while the giver kneels behind them, giving the receiver good control of pressure and angle. This position also gives great access to the anus for rimming. Since the giver’s hands are both free and they’re not craning or straining, it’s also easy to add lots of other activities, like spanking, penetrative sex with fingers, toys, or a penis, using a butt plug or finger to stimulate the anus, and more.
Oral sex on a penis
- The receiver lies on their back, maybe with a few pillows behind their shoulders and head to prop them up for a better view, while the giver kneels between their legs. This position gives good access to the sensitive underside of the penis and the scrotum. The giver can have at least one hand free to stroke the penis, gently tug on the balls, or pinch a nipple.
- A variation is for the giver to kneel on the floor with a pillow under their knees, while the receiver stands or sits in front of them. If the receiver is standing, it could be helpful to lean on something, like a counter or wall, so they can relax and enjoy.
- If you’re into power play, you might enjoy face-fucking. The giver lies flat on their back while the receiver positions their body so that their penis is over the giver’s face. It may take a little experimenting to find the best way to do this, but straddling the giver’s head or kneeling to one side and bending over generally work well. Try putting a pillow under the giver’s head to get a good angle. The giver may also want to use their hands to help control the depth and pace since this position can be rather intense.
- For an interesting upside down take on face-fucking the giver lies flat on their back with their head slightly hanging off the edge of a bed or other surface while the receiver stands facing their feet. This not only gives the receiver an excellent view and access to touch the giver’s body, it also provides them almost total control over pace and depth.
Oral sex on an anus
- For an easy transition from other oral sex positions where the receiver is lying on their back, they simply hug their knees to their chest so they’re curled into a ball. The giver can then kneel and have access to both the anus and the genitals.
- As we mentioned above, doggy style is great for rimming, too. The receiver gets on all fours while the giver kneels behind them.
- For a standing rimming position, the receiver can stand and bend forward, either resting their hands on the floor or their own legs, depending how flexible they are, or leaning over a surface like a bed or counter. The giver kneels behind them.
Mutual oral sex (both partners giving and recieving at the same time):
- The 69 is a classic. One partner lies flat on their back while the other partner straddles their face, facing their toes. Then partner on top then leans over so that their mouth can reach the lying down partner’s genitals. This may or may not work so well, depending on the size and shape of your bodies. Pillows to prop up heads and hips can help you get the best angle and avoid neck strain.
- The same position, but lying on your sides, sometimes works better in terms of body alignment, tends to be more comfortable, and also gives both partners use of at least one of their hands.
As you play you’ll probably realize that your options for oral sex positions aren’t limited to this baker’s dozen–they could fill a Cheesecake Factory-length menu. Whether oral’s an appetizer, entrée, or dessert, have fun and bon appétit!