13 Best TV Sex Scenes To Stream For Steam
13 Best TV Sex Scenes To Stream For Steam
The perk of a great TV sex scene is that you don’t always know if or when it’s coming. You can ease in and enjoy the show while eagerly anticipating something sexy on its way. When the sex scene finally creeps up on you, it can feel both exciting and scandalous. It may even get you in the mood, or give you some ideas on how to make your own sex life hot and steamy. But with so many shows to stream, it can be hard to find the best sex scenes on Netflix or elsewhere. Well, we’ve done the work for you so you don’t have to sift through a million episodes to find the scenes that’ll turn you on.
Here are 13 of the best TV sex scenes to get you going.
1. Normal People. When this show premiered on Hulu in April 2020, it was quickly heralded for its realistic sex scenes. The story, based on the book by Sally Rooney, follows Marianne and Connell from high school through their college years while they are in an on-and-off-again relationship. Their sex scenes are tender, sensual, and more realistic than what we’re used to seeing on television. Though you can’t go wrong with any of their sex scenes (the chemistry!) their first sex scene, in the first episode in the one and only season of Normal People, will set you up for what to expect.
2. Game of Thrones. You’d be hard-pressed to mention this show to anyone without hearing about the amazing sex scenes. In a show that heavily features sex, and ran on HBO, a platform that loves sex, obviously we have to include a couple. One of the hottest scenes on the show is when Jon Snow and Ygritte finally consummate their love — or their attraction, at least. Jon Snow proves he knows something about pleasure as things get hot and heavy in a cave with Ygritte.
The scene in season 2, episode 1 of Game of Thrones between Daenerys and Khal — Drogo, you know the one — is also among the sexiest in television history. It helps that both Jason Momoa and Emilia Clarke have incredible chemistry.
3. Easy. This show is a three-season Netflix original that explores various relationships with characters who often end up crossing paths with each other. Naturally, it has some of the best TV sex scenes. However, if you talk to anyone who has watched Easy, it is inevitable that the threesome between Tom (Orlando Bloom), Lucy (Malin Åkerman), and Annie (Kate Micucci) will come up. Head to the sixth episode of season 1 of Easy and you’ll see. It’s one of Netflix’s hottest sex scenes.
4. The Americans. Of course a show about Russian spies who are often in disguise — a sexy aspect in its own right — has plenty of steam throughout its six seasons. One of the most memorable sex scenes comes to us quickly, in the first episode of the second season of the show when we get a brief glimpse of Phillip and Elizabeth 69ing. It is rare to see such an intimate act on television and bonus points for the leads, Plus, the actors who play the characters, Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell, are sexy hot. Play it on a loop.
5. Insecure. The HBO comedy created, written, produced, and starring Issa Rae is highly praised for its realistic interpretation of relationships, work, and friendships. But that’s not all the show does well. Insecure’s sex scenes almost never follow the same formula. In season 3, episode 5 of Insecure, Issa runs into an old fling at Coachella and somehow, they end up on a ferris wheel together where one thing leads to another…
6. You’re the Worst. From start to finish, You’re the Worst serves realistic scenes about mental health, friendships, relationships, and, yes, sex, of all kinds. One of the hottest sex scenes in the show actually happens in the pilot of the show when the main characters, Gretchen and Jimmy, have pretty graphic sex. During it, Gretchen chews gum and tells Jimmy she’s not even into him — we love it. The show can be streamed on Hulu.
7. Pose. Finding the best sex scenes on Netflix is a very fun game. Pose, originally on FX but now streaming on Netflix, follows New York’s underground ball culture in the 1980s. With a stunning cast, you know there are some sex scenes that can’t be missed. One of the best is in season 2, episode 8 between Ricky and Pray Tell. It’s intimate, sexy, and unlike what we’re used to seeing on television, which is refreshing.
8. American Gods. Though the show didn’t last for long, STARZ blessed us with an incredibly hot scene between Mousa Kraish, an actual god, and Omid Abtahi. The scene comes in season 1, episode 3 and is long, hot, and well worth your time.
9. Orange is the New Black. Would it be fair for us to discuss the best sex scenes on Netflix and leave out OITNB? Definitely not. With so many to choose from, it’s hard to pick one to recommend, but Piper and Alex’s angry library sex takes the cake. Their passionate rendezvous takes place in episode 2, season 3 and cannot be missed.
10. Sense8. And while you’re scrolling Netflix, stop on by Sense8 for a giant orgy. What starts as a threesome ends up being, well, a lot bigger than that. This sex scene is exquisite for its originality, passion, and sentimentality. And even if you aren’t connected to the characters, you can still appreciate the scene for how sexy it is. The scene takes place in season 1, episode 6 of Sense8.
11. Outlander. A STARZ original, Outlander may be known best for its sex scenes. Though there are many to choose from, Claire and Jamie's wedding night in season 1, episode 7, is among the best. The buildup is what really matters here, but even if you aren’t an avid fan, the scene is lustful, sensual, and will definitely get you in the mood.
12. Jessica Jones. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage own another (or quite a few) of Netflix’s best sex scenes. These two have fiery chemistry and take each other in such passion that they literally break the bed at one point. That said, they are superheroes. In the first episode of the first season of Jessica Jones, Jessica and Luke have passionate up-against-the-wall sex that you do not want to miss.
13. Sons of Anarchy. With a cast this attractive, obviously the sex scenes have to be good. Sons of Anarchy, an FX original currently streaming on Hulu, had plenty of good sex scenes over the course of its run on air. In episode 8 of season 1, Jax (Charlie Hunnam) and Tara (Maggie Siff) have sex immediately after they kill her abusive ex. In fact, his body is right there! Passion knows no bounds and this heightened scene is a great mood-setter.
With so many great TV sex scenes to choose from, it can be hard to know where to start. But now you can reference this list if you’re just looking for something steamy you can stream. Skip right to the season and episode and just watch the good stuff, if you like. If you want a break from television, you can also try getting in the mood with free erotica, too!