Succeeding one of the most popular pleasure products made is no easy task, but the We-Vibe Tango X has managed to reintroduce itself to the world, and give a new meaning to what a bullet vibrator can do.
By increasing the vibration settings and number of buttons, as well as the addition of a silicone handle, little resembles the Tango X’s predecessor other than the overall shape and strong vibrations. While these updates are appealing, fans of the original may find the new design just overcomplicates a product that already worked. Plus, with a higher price tag than most other bullet vibrators, this is a product for those who are looking for something special, and not a good starting point for beginners.
What sets We-Vibe Tango X apart
While bullet vibrators are typically fairly simple products, We-Vibe have elevated the Tango X to make it one of the most advanced yet. Here are a few of its highlighted features.
- Powerful vibrations. With rumbly vibrations across 8 levels and 7 modes, there are a total of 56 possible combinations that the Tango X can offer.
- Silicone handle. Featuring We-Vibe’s smooth silicone at one end of the product, this area provides extra grip to aid usability.
- Advanced controls. Three buttons allow for even greater control, with the previous Tango and most other bullets only featuring one.
We-Vibe Tango X features
|8 vibration intensities
||With a greater range of intensities, the Tango X’s powerful and rumbly vibrations have 8 speeds which they can be increased by.
|7 vibration modes
||Offering Pulse, Wave, Cha-Cha, Tease, Tempo, Heartbeat and Vibrate, these modes also respond to the 8 intensity levels.
||Suitable for play in the bath and shower, and easy to clean, the product has a waterproof rating of IPX7.
||Designed with discretion in mind, the Tango X is almost silent, even at its higher speeds.
||Estimated charging time is 90 minutes, with a run-time of up to 2 hours. An LED light will flash when charging, and become solid upon completion.
||The charging cord is fitted with a magnetic end, allowing it to quickly connect to the product and avoid accidental disconnections.
||For safe travel, you can “lock” the product by holding down the + and - buttons at the same time for 2 seconds, with success being indicated by the Tango X pulsing twice. Deactivate this the same way, or by charging it.
|Silicone & plastic
||The product is 100% body-safe, with a tip made of ABS plastic and a handle made of silicone.
||Once charged, this product can be used entirely cord-free.
|Low Power Alert
||When the product has almost drained its battery, it will indicate this by flashing its LED light.
||This product is not meant to be inserted in the body.
||Air pressure waves are not included with this product.
||This is not a smart product and it cannot be controlled through an app.
How the We-Vibe Tango X works
Using strong, rumbly vibrations, the We-Vibe Tango X can be applied anywhere on the outside of your body to provide powerful stimulation. With eight intensity levels and seven modes, advanced controls allow you to choose the vibration setting that is right for you, whilst the hard plastic tip helps to enhance the sensation even further.
An accessible silicone handle ensures you can maintain a good grip, and also helps to reduce any vibrations that might travel through to your hand. Try switching between the pinpoint tip and flat face to see what feels best, and to take things up another level, add a small amount of water-based lubricant.
4 We-Vibe Tango X benefits
The We-Vibe Tango X features a variety of benefits that set it apart from other vibrators. However, when it comes to pleasure products, these benefits and drawbacks can be highly subjective, and different people may view them interchangeably. With this in mind, we recommend using this as a guide, rather than an indication of what’s right or wrong for you.
1. 56 vibration combinations. With 56 possible combinations across the Tango X’s 7 vibration modes and eight intensity levels, there is a wide range of ways to use this product, allowing you to find your perfect setting or have a different experience every time.
2. Accessible, comfortable grip. The addition of a silicone handle makes the product more accessible by aiding grip whilst simultaneously reducing the chance for vibrations to numb your hand.
3. Low volume. Despite the strong vibrations, the We-Vibe Tango X is surprisingly quiet, even at its higher levels. This makes it ideal for discreet use.
4. Advanced controls. We consider this a “wildcard,” because some people may consider this a strong benefit while others see it as a drawback. With an increase from one button to three, the Tango X allows for much greater control over its vibration settings. However, some consider this to have overcomplicated the product, and the buttons proximity to one another can make them difficult to press accurately.
3 We-Vibe Tango X drawbacks
As with our list of benefits being highly subjective, so are our drawbacks. We intend for the below list to be used as a guide rather than a hard look at the negatives of this product, as what some might consider a dealbreaker, others might think is a minor flaw. Reflect on what you enjoy and consider how this may transfer to the product.
1. Not backwards-compatible. One of the biggest benefits to the Tango X’s previous edition was the wide range of attachments available for use with it, but due to the silicone handle and location of the buttons on this newer model, it is sadly incompatible with most of these.
2. Silicone lubricant incompatible. Silicone-based lubricants may damage the silicone handle of this product, so you will need to stick to water-based types when using it.
How to use the We-Vibe Tango X
Being such a versatile vibrator, the We-Vibe Tango X can be used in a multitude of ways. These instructions present the most basic way for those with a clitoris to use it during solo sex, which can be useful when first getting to know the product.
- Charge and clean the product in advance.
- Lay on your back and apply a small amount of water-based lubricant to your clitoris.
- Turn the product on by pressing the + button.
- Holding the silicone handle, place the plastic tip of the product over your clitoris.
- Increase the intensity by pressing or holding down the + button.
- If a lower intensity is needed, press or hold down the - button.
- Change the vibration mode at any time by pressing the ~ button.
- When finished, hold the - button down until the product turns off.
- Charge and clean the product again, ready for next time.
How to clean the We-Vibe Tango X
Make sure to clean the device upon receiving it, and then before and after every use. This can be done either by wiping it down with a specialty vibrator cleaner or just some regular soap and water. If dried fluids are present, you can also give it a short soak in some warm water since it is waterproof, before cleaning and drying. Check out our guide to learn more about how to clean sex toys.
Pair the We-Vibe Tango X with…
To get the most out of your We-Vibe Tango X, you can pair it with products that will help enhance its sensations. Here are three recommendations to try.
- Sliquid H20 Original Water-Based Lubricant. While lubricant isn’t essential, adding it to your clitoris or nipples before using the Tango X will amplify the stimulation. Choose a water-based type, such as Sliquid H20, as silicone-based lubes may damage the silicone handle.
- Hot Octopuss Kurve. Due to its small size, using penetrables alongside this vibrator is easy, and a great way to increase pleasure. For a motorized option, the Hot Octopuss Kurve’s vibrations are hard to beat, and its soft head nicely contrasts the Tango X’s hard plastic.
- Le Wand Hoop. Another vaginal product that is a match made in heaven with the We-Vibe Tango X is Le Wand’s Hoop, a stainless steel dildo made for immaculate stimulation of the G-spot. Paired together, the two can help you achieve a blended orgasm that you won’t soon forget.
We-Vibe Tango X reviews and complaints
The next generation of one of the biggest selling vibrators of the last 10 years, the Tango X has some big shoes to fill. While the majority of users love it, raving about its powerful vibrations and how quickly it brings them to orgasm, some fans of the original Tango disagree, commenting that the X is actually weaker than its predecessor. Then, whilst all tend to think that the silicone handle is an excellent addition, making the product easier to hold, the controls are a common complaint, being considered difficult to use.
Should I get the We-Vibe Tango X?
Everyone is different, so it depends. To figure out if you should choose the We-Vibe Tango X, consider your pleasure goals and how you like to be stimulated. Think about how these match up to what we have spoken about here. To make things easier though, here’s who we think the Tango X might be best for, and who it’s not.
Who it’s best for. This product is ideal for those who enjoy a variety of powerful vibrations on external areas of the body, such as the clitoris or nipples.
Who it’s not best for. It’s not intended for those who have a sensitive clitoris, or someone looking for a G-spot or prostate orgasm.
If the We-Vibe Tango X doesn’t sound like the vibrator for you, there are many other options which might better suit your preferences. For example, its sister product the We-Vibe Touch X offers all the same features, whilst providing a softer touch with its squishy silicone tip.