Ah, Valentine’s Day—you either love it or you loathe it. Yes, February 14 is a great way for the card and candy industries to make a killing. But it’s also a day to show your partner, spouse, loved ones, and/or friends that you care. Sharing a simple, appreciative Instagram post with a quirky, thoughtful, or witty caption is a kind way to let someone know you love them. And if you need help putting words to an image, we can definitely lend a hand.
Whether you’re feeling a bit sappy or prefer to take the comical route on the ‘gram, we’ve compiled a few of our favorite lovey-dovey quotes and captions that will suit an array of different posts.
And yes, even if you want to post a selfie to show some self love, we’ve got you covered.
Thumb through our list of quote ideas and pick a favorite or two. Then post away and tell someone close to you that you care.
Lyrics to Post on Valentine’s Day Instagram Captions
1. “I got a girl crush.” — Little Big Town
The original is great. But have you heard Harry Styles’ cover? Bonus points if you write ...by Little Big Town, covered by Mr. H. Styles.
2. “I love you like Kanye loves Kanye.” — Kanye West
That is, if you believe it’s possible to love someone more than Kanye loves Kanye.
3. “Thank you, next.” — Ariana Grande
The single pringle’s anthem.
4. “Home is wherever I’m with you.” — Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Alabama, Arkansas. Or, you know, wherever. This is a sweet one, and although it was all over the radio awhile back, it *has* been a few years, so feel free to post it on your feed without feeling too cheesy.
5. “Let’s get it on.” — Marvin Gaye
Four words. One meaning. You know what it is.
6. “If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends.” — Spice Girls
The Spice Girls know a thing or two about how to celebrate Galentine’s Day.
7. “I’d walk through fire for you. Just let me adore you.” — Harry Styles
You know how we feel about Harry. We’ll leave it at that.
Literary or Book-Themed Valentine’s Day Instagram Captions:
8. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” — Dr. Seuss
It’s like being a kid and trying to fall asleep on Christmas Eve. It’s impossible.
9. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
Together we are one! (That kind of sounds like a superhero motto or something.)
10: “Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever.” – Audre Lorde
Yes, Lorde. Preach.
11. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde
Or, as Hailee Steinfeld put it, “Gonna love myself, no, I don't need anybody else.”
12. “If you live to be a hundred, I hope I live to be a hundred minus one day, so that I never have to live a day without you.” — Winnie the Pooh
13. “Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else.” – Nicholas Sparks
If anyone was going to write a killer quote about romance, it’s our man, Nick Sparks.
14. "If you can't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else? Can I get an amen?” — RuPaul
Pop culture Valentine’s Day Instagram captions:
15. “P.S. I Love You.”
It’s a book/movie title, it’s a sweet tag at the end of a letter, it’s a perfect Valentine’s Day caption.
16. “I love you and I like you.” — Parks and Rec
You can like someone and not love them, so it’s great that you can say both about the person you’re with.
17. “Ovaries before brovaries.” — Leslie Knope, Parks and Rec
This will forever be our favorite girl-gang-related quote.
18. “You had me at ‘Hello.’ ” — Jerry McGuire
And then you really had me at “My favorite food is also pizza.”
19. “You’re my lobster.” — Friends
Or, you know, you could also say “You’re the Ross to my Rachel.”
20. “As you wish.” — Princess Bride
The second best line from that film after “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
21. “Valentine's Day is a sham created by card companies to reinforce and exploit gender stereotypes.” — Liz Lemon, 30 Rock
Well, she had a point. But heck, we still like to partake in those sham chocolates.
22. “I’d share my floating door with you.”
You know? Because Titanic? And we ~all~ know that there was room on that door for two, ROSE.
23. “You have bewitched me, body and soul.” — Pride and Prejudice
Mr. Darcy was kind of rude, but also kind of our ideal man.
Funny Valentine’s Day Instagram Captions:
24: “May we forever Netflix and chill.”
You bring the popcorn. We’ll bring the laptop.
25. “I love...the fact that candy will be 50% off tomorrow.”
Those Hershey Kisses have our names all over them.
26. “You’re the Bey to my Jay.” (Or “Jay to my Bey”).
You know, post-Lemonade era.
27. “I tolerate you.”
Yeah, you’re okay. We suppose we kind of, sort of, love you.
28. “This must be love because I wouldn’t share my Netflix password with just anyone.”
And then you know things are really serious when you share an Amazon Prime account. That’s basically the same as being married.
29. “I hope to always be your emergency contact number.”
No, this isn’t morbid at all. It’s cute.
30. “V-Day? More like Me Day.”
Who needs a partner when you have yourself? Single life rules.
Have a very happy Valentine’s Day, and we hope you treat yourself and someone special to flowers, chocolate, or anything else that brings happiness. You deserve it, they deserve it, and your Instagram followers deserve it, too.