Love is funny. There’s just no way around it. We do silly things when we’re in love, and when we feel those butterflies when we're around our special someone, we turn into fools. It’s natural, and it’s this silliness that makes a budding (or years-long) relationship so sweet. Plus, the key to a long-lasting relationship is the ability to make one another laugh and find the humor in every situation.
So, if you refuse to take life and your romantic relationships too seriously, then we think you’ll get a kick out of these funny relationship quotes. Save them for an anniversary card, a text to break the tension, or just for a rainy day when a laugh is needed.
Here are the best funny relationship quotes to keep you giggling
1. “True love is singing karaoke Under Pressure and letting the other person sing the Freddie Mercury part.”
— Mindy Kaling
2. "Love is many things; none of them logical."
3. "I miss crawling into a man’s arm, kissing his neck, saying those three little words into his ear, ‘AND ANOTHER THING…’ ”
4. "One should always be in love. That's the reason one should never marry."
— Oscar Wilde
5. "Longed for him. Got him. Shit."
6. “Love is sharing your popcorn.”
7. "I love you more than I hate everything else."
8. “I can't make you love me. But I can fill my pantry with your favorite snacks and offer you a weekly stipend of $75.”
— Rob Delaney
9. "It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them. "
11. “My wife and I were happy for 20 years — then we met.”
— Rodney Dangerfield
12. "True love is the best thing in the world, except for cough drops."
13. “Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.”
— Oscar Wilde
14. “Love is being stupid together.”
— Paul Valéry
15. “You can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.”
— Maya Angelou
16. "Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then."
17. “Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.”
18. “Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.”
— Jules Renard
19. "An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her."
20. “ ‘I love you,’ Buttercup said. 'I know this must come as something of a surprise to you, since all I've ever done is scorn you and degrade you and taunt you, but I have loved you for several hours now, and every second, more.’ ”
22. “If you love ‘em in the morning with their eyes full of crust; if you love ‘em at night with their hair full of rollers, chances are, you’re in love.”
— Miles Davis
23. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.”
24. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”
25. "Failed relationships can be described as so much wasted make-up."
— Marian Keyes
26. "He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot."
27. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
— Rita Rudner
28. “The best relationship advice I can give is make sure you’re the crazy one.”
29. “As a man in a relationship, you have a choice: You can be right or you can be happy.”
— Ralphie May
If you’re in the mood to pass on a smile to your partner, throw one of the above quotes their way. A couple who laughs together stays together, after all.