When you’re in love, it feels as though you’re floating on air. Time stops, your heart pitters, and you can’t help but smile. And because your brain isn’t working the way it usually does — it’s a bit caught up thinking about the person you’re in love with, after all — you might need some help putting your feelings into words. So, we’ve compiled some of our favorite cute love and relationship quotes to take with you into your adventure in the world of romance.
Even if you’re not currently in a relationship, these quotes are fun to have on hand for when you do meet a special someone, need something to journal about, or even to toss your friends’ way when they begin to feel those butterflies about a potential love interest.
Here are 30 cute relationship quotes to get you even more excited about love.
1. “I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
— Janes Austen
2. “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place."
3. “For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home."
4. "Look after my heart — I've left it with you."
5. "There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment."
— Sarah Dessen
6. “Well, it seems to me that the best relationships — the ones that last — are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with.”
7. “Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it."
8. “We loved with a love that was more than love."
9. “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
— Robert Frost
10. “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.”
11. "When love is not madness it is not love."
12. “Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering."
13. "I want
To do with you what spring does with the cherry trees."
— Pablo Neruda
14. "It isn't possible to love and part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal."
— E.M. Forster
15. "He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
— Emily Brontë
16. “I like flaws. I think they make things interesting.”
— Sarah Dessen
17. “I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."
— John Green
18. “I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.”
19. "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
— Dr. Suess
20. "The greatest thing about me isn’t even a part of me. It’s you."
21. "Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it."
22. "You know, when it works, love is pretty amazing. It's not overrated. There's a reason for all those songs."
— Sarah Dessen
23. “Love can change a person the way a parent can change a baby- awkwardly, and often with a great deal of mess."
24. “When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew."
— Arrigo Boito
25. “When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again."
26. “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow - this is a human offering that can border on miraculous."
27. “I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love with her in the years we were apart.”
28. “When will you learn that there isn't a word for everything?"
29. "That dip in the road- that sends your belly to your throat...that's how it feels when you kiss me."
— Kelly Elmore
30. “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with."
Love and relationships should be a source of smiles and happy thoughts. Hopefully, these cute quotes perfectly describe what you’re feeling (or want to feel) when you’re with that person who conjures up those butterflies in your stomach.