O.school Staff Writer
The Staff Writer will be contributing content for the web and email newsletter products. We are looking for someone who loves to write, edit, and push out consistently amazing content and who also loves to watch that content perform based on its channels and where it lives. We are a product company that has a variety of content needs -- from copywriting for a product launch, helping us develop another experience like our Orgasm Order Form, web-based SEO optimized articles, to newsletters for segmented audiences. This role is fast-paced with lots of opportunities to contribute creative ideas and be on the cutting edge of sexual health writing.
O.school’s Staff Writer:
- A sample week could be researching and writing 3-6 articles and/or 2-3 email newsletters per week.
- Comfortable working with SEO best practices.
- Familiarity with sourcing and evaluating references from reputable sources and science-based organizations.
- Adheres to guidelines regarding ethics, references, SEO, and helps coordinate links, pull quotes, factoids, and affinities between other content on the site. Makes sure everything is proofed prior to publishing. Quality-checks published content.
Characteristics of the O.School Staff Writer
- Direct and clear writing style
- Reliable and communicative
- Enthusiasm, energy, and commitment
- Willingness and experience working effectively with diverse viewpoints and approaches
- Effectiveness with working with editors, SEO guidelines, and medical reviewers
- Ability to vet sources and studies
- Loves not only writing but also science, research, and creating truly useful and accurate resources
- O.school believes talent can come from anywhere on the planet. The more lived experiences, the better.
- Everywhere! O.school has been a remote team for over 4 years, from Vancouver to Sydney to Asheville, NC to the SF Bay Area.
- $45-65K salary depending on experience and speed
- Health and dental benefits