O.school Freelance Writer
O.school is seeking freelance writers (with a path to “permalance” positions with recurring weekly assignments) to help us with our mission of reaching billions of people and helping them learn about sexual wellness. We are building a database of vetted sexual health research, so that we can aid our writers to build the best science-based sexuality content online.
Topics include answering common questions around reproductive health (Why does my clit hurt?), sexuality (How do I give a handjob?), relationships (Why is my partner always horny?), communication (How do I talk to my kids about porn?) and more.
O.school’s Freelance Health Writer:
- Comfortable working with SEO best practices
- Familiarity with sourcing and evaluating references from reputable sources and science-based organizations
- Adheres to guidelines regarding ethics, references, SEO, and helps coordinate links, pull quotes, factoids, and affinities between other content on the site. Makes sure everything is proofed prior to publishing. Quality-checks published content.
Characteristics of an O.school Freelance Health Writer
- Direct and clear writing style
- Reliable and communicative
- Enthusiasm, energy, and commitment
- Willingness and experience working effectively with diverse viewpoints and approaches
- Effectiveness with working with editors, SEO guidelines, and medical reviewers
- Ability to vet sources and studies
- Loves not only writing but also science, research, and creating truly useful and accurate resources
- O.school believes talent can come from anywhere on the planet. The more lived experiences, the better.
- O.school has been a remote team for over 4 years, from Vancouver to Australia to NYC to the SF Bay Area.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience, research required, and word count ($125-$200 per post on average)
- Regular Performance Feedback for regular writers
- Style guides and research vetting guides to make research and sourcing more efficient
- Schedule flexibility - we adhere to deadlines, but we understand that life happens.
- Opportunities for growth (permalance, staff writer, editor)