Data Scientist - Remote
O.school is a judgment-free and science-based platform to learn about sex online.
Sitting between medical websites like Healthline and porn is a massive underserved space where O.school serves. It is powered by high quality content, including our “orgasm order form” experience, and much more to come. O.school’s mission is to help billions of people unlearn shame, heal from sexual trauma, and develop their sexual wellness. After four years learning about our audiences, we are excited about developing our consumer insight data platform that we can use to help further the study of human sexuality, help brands understand key consumer insights, and develop a truly unique set of information about people.
The internet can be a better place. Be part of a small team that is committed to shifting the global culture around sexual wellness, championing privacy and trust, and helping people.
We are looking for a thoughtful, creative, and intuitive data scientist to be our first data science hire to come help us better leverage our data to more effectively help our users unlearn shame, heal from sexual trauma, and develop their sexual wellness.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with leadership on data science strategy
- Designing and running experiments
- Identifying any statistical significance, designing surveys and A/B tests
- Developing unique insights for O.schools Consumer Insights Clients (big ol’ global CPG and health/wellness companies).
You will work closely with O.school’s founder and CEO and advisory groups and collaborate with them to make sure that business goals and objectives are aligned.
Minimum Experience and Skills
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in data science or data analytics.
- Experience with databases and data infrastructure.
- Experience working closely with stakeholders.
- Interest working on building a greenfield data infrastructure.
What we’re looking for
- Comfort with debugging data problems, performing root-cause analysis, and identifying solutions
- Ability to self-start and self-motivate
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment;
- Must be a strong, self-motivated individual that can work with little instruction on day to day work, and general instructions on new assignments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experienced working with small startups and know that you thrive in small, fast paced environments where you can get your hands dirty.
- You enjoy making sense out of chaos
- You love solving complex data problems.
- You pay attention to detail.
- You collaborate.
- You have experiences with bad sex education, a passion for learning about human relationships, curious about the space that can exist between Planned Parenthood and Pornhub, and want to change the way that young people navigate their sexuality online globally.
- Everywhere! O.school has been a remote team for over 4 years, from Vancouver to Sydney to Asheville, NC to the SF Bay Area.
What we can offer you:
- The chance to build the data science infrastructure at a startup from scratch.
- Dynamic problems
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive equity options
- 100% paid premiums for medical and dental benefits for employees in the U.S.
- Work from home equipment stipend
- Flexible vacation policy
- Schedule flexibility - we adhere to deadlines, but we understand that life happens.
- Growth opportunities within a fast-paced startup environment